The best things about my week away (in the order that they occurred)
- Getting a cheerful goodbye from my kids and watching them toddle off happily with The Mister.
- Browsing for ages in the airport bookshop while I waited for my plane
- Enjoying a flight where I didn't have to bribe, apologise or reprimand anyone, where there were no spilled drinks to clean up, no nappies to change, no bottoms to wipe, no shoes to find.. I just got to read my book, eat my food, have a hot drink and feel sorry for all the parents travelling with their kids. ha!
- Spend lots of quality one-on-one time with my Sister. We walked, we talked, we swam, we ate, we went to a movie, we read magazines, we discussed baby names, we went to appointments, we looked in the shops, we cooked, we re-arranged some furniture, we had manicures, we ran errands, we had naps.
- Catching up with my wonderful Melbourne based friends (I actually have more friends living in Melbourne now, than I do in Perth.)
- I saw the most incredible thing I have ever seen- my Sister giving birth to my amazing Nephew. His name is Mac, he was 6lb, 12oz, and completely adorable.
- I watched my Sister and Brother-in-Law become parents. So much love!
- I savoured kisses and cuddles with little Mac. So happy that I got two days to spend with him, so sad that we live so far away!
- My growing excitement as I flew back towards my own babies. Excited jumping, bear hugs, toddler smooches, detailed stories, more kisses. Was so nice to see my own little family again!
And now some baby spam:
The good news is in less than four weeks we will all be heading over for an extended holiday. Can't wait for The Mister to meet his newest nephew, and Bay & Ivo to meet their latest cousin!
I booked out flights today... Bring on January!!