There are lots of things I keep meaning to document here, blog posts that I compose in my head, but never quite find the time to actually write down.
Like how I'm back at work full time now (urgh!)
And how I have my Gemmology final exams looming next month (eek!)
That we have some good friends moving up to N-town next year (yippee!)
How we dog-sat our friends puppy.. and now thinking we might get a pet of our own!
About all the clever and brave things Bay is doing now.
How my first batch of homemade play doh went and why our kitchen bench is now pink.
My random brass animal collection.
How I got thinner then fatter again.
That I just got my incentive bonus payment and what I'm going to spend it on!
Some reviews of my favourite and least favourite baby/todder books and toys
How I was a victim of fraud
Our plans to buy a house on an acre block next year!
How the last six months have been for The Mister.. the highs and lows of being self employed.
Some of the great books I've read for my book club
Just to name a few....
But for now all these are still just in my head.. Once my Gem studies are over for the year (early November) and the workload has eased off with The Misters business (hopefully soon), I will have some more time for all those neglected things in my life.. like gardening, exercising, DIY projects, daily blog reading and of course keeping this space up to date!
Here are the ABC's of Me, which I have seen around a lot lately
Age: 30. A lovely round number. Bed size: Just upgraded from a Double to a Queen to make room for our baby! Chore you hate: Ironing. I hate it so much. I don't do it. I just walk fast so nobody can notice the creases. Dog: Sadly no. Not yet. Essential Part of your Day: Cup of tea in the morning. White, no sugar, in a big mug. Favourite condiment: tomato sauce Gold or Silver: silver (or white gold) Height: 167cm Instruments you play: Used to play the flute when I was in school. Was never very good at it. Job Title: Mining Geologist. On maternity leave at the moment. But going back later this year. Kids: 1 baby girl Lives: In a small mining town in the desert of Western Australia Mum's Name: Marilyn Nickname: Em Overnight Hospital Stays: Only once, after having baby Pet Peeve: Women who call other women "Mate" Quote from a movie: Nobody puts Baby in a corner Right or Left Handed: right Siblings: One beautiful sister, she's 2 years younger than me.. but much wiser. Time you wake up: 6am- which is actually later than it was when I was working Underwear: a size bigger than I would like Vegetables you dislike: Squash What makes you run late: Forgetting to put sunscreen on X-rays you've had done: On my foot, when I was 19. I thought it was broken it but turned out it was gout! How embarassing. Dental ones. Yummiest food you make: apple crumble. Zoo Animals: I feel sorry for them
Does anyone else feel like completing their ABC's?
Ooh Nicole has tagged me with the Life Is Good Award..!
Which means I answer these 10 questions to answer, then pass them on.
1. If you blog anonymously, are you happy doing this? If you aren't anonymous, do you wish you started out anonymously, so that you could be anonymous now? My sister knows about my blog and a couple of my friends. I post pictures of myself so it's not anonymous but I don't go around telling people about it. I feel a bit bashful about having a blog because I know my stuff isn't any more interesting than anyone elses.. but I do like having my own little corner of the web where I can just put up whatever I want.
2. Describe an incident that shows your inner stubborn side I don't think I am that stubborn.
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror? It depends on what mood I'm in, but mostly I focus on my flaws. Probably like lots of women do. I stare straight at my big nose, my fine hair, my patchy skin, my fat, my wrinkles, my cellulite, my pimples. I have become better at keeping these things in perpective as I have gotten older. But I do wish I was less vain.
4. What is your favourite summer cold drink? An icey cold beer.
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do? I like to read. I like to update my blog. I like to read other peoples blogs. I like to have hot baths.
6. Is there something that you still want to accomplish in your life? I want to finish gem school, then travel around the world trading gemstones. There are still lots of places in the world i want to visit. I want to have a house with a big yard that has a veggie patch and a chook pen. I want us to start our own business.
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever, the shy person, or always ditching I have probably been all of these things at different stages in my life. When I first started school I was painfully shy. Then I made some friends, got some confidence and was probably the class clown. In high school I got all self conscious again and went back to being shy and maybe a bit of a dorky overacheiver. By the time I got to uni I was being a clown again. These days I don't think of myself as any of those things.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment in your life, what would you see? First meeting my Mister.
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog, or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people and events? I fluctuate between the two.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read a book or talk on the phone, which would you choose and why? Definitely read a book. Because I don't really like chatting on the phone.
Rather than tag specific people I will just leave it open to anyone who wants to answer the questions.. just leave a comment so I can go and check out your answers!
The name of the game is to share seven things about yourself, then pass the baton on to seven others..
It's taken me over a week to think of seven things worth sharing..
So here they are.
1. I don't really watch tv anymore. I have no idea about The Hills, or Gossip Girl , Dancing with the Stars or Master Chef. I have just lost interest in it all. Even the news. I'd rather just read the newspaper.
2. I am a life-time member of Weight Watchers. I have been since I was 17. I can tell you the points value of pretty much everything. Ho hum.
3. I recently did the Myers Briggs personality test. I came up as a ESTJ. Shocked. I thought I would be an introvert for sure. I read out the strengths and weaknesses in disbelief to the Mister, who said that it a sounded "pretty accurate, especially the part about insensitive language". WTF! This is not how I picture myself at all. I consider myself as quite intuitive and very sensitive. So now I'm having an identity crisis.
4. I like swimming at the beach but only if the waves aren't too big and I can still touch the bottom.
5. I was supposed to be finishing my Gemmology studies this year but I deferred. Because of our USA trip at the start of the year I missed too much prac work. But now finishing it in 2011 isn't looking too realistic either. I'm turning into one of those annoying students who takes forever to finish anything.
6. I really hope our baby is a girl.
7. When I was a child I used to cry a lot. Anything to do with hurting animals would leave me distraught. I was scarred by that scene in Neverending Story where the horse sinks in quicksand. Bambi was like a horror story. If we went past a sheep or cattle truck my parents would try to distract me so I wouldn't notice it. If boys in the playground were burning ants with magnifying glasses I'd dob on them. I still hate animal cruelty. RIP Artax.
Instead of listing 7 others to do their lists I will just leave it open to whoever wants to have a go! Just leave a comment so I can stickybeak at your facts.